Cancellation Policy – International Expeditions
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU PURCHASE TRIP INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOUR ACTIVITY PURCHASE AGAINST UNFORESEEABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.
When you book a course or expedition with Alpenglow Expeditions you are agreeing to our cancellation policy. Please realize that if your travel does not go according to plan in any way and for any reason, we are unable to provide credits or refunds outside of what is described below. Our policy was carefully crafted with respect for our clients, our administrative staff, and our guides, and we strongly recommend that you purchase trip insurance to protect your investment.
1. We reserve the right to cancel any trip at any time. Reasons for cancellation might include (but are not limited to) political instability, natural disasters, COVID-19, or inadequate enrollment.
– If we cancel a trip prior to its start for low enrollment, we will fully refund or credit your payments.
– If we cancel your trip prior to its start due to political instability, natural disasters, COVID-19, or other reasons not including low enrollment, we will credit all but non-recoverable costs to a future trip. While every situation is different, Alpenglow strives to keep these “non-recoverable costs” as low as possible. As an example, we were able to keep these non-recoverable costs to just 10% of trip cost when we were forced to cancel our Everest expedition in 2020 due to COVID-19, just 40 days before departure. In general, the non-recoverable portion of your payment increases the closer we get to the date of departure. By departure date of your trip, most of our costs have already been incurred.
– If we cancel your trip after its start due to political instability, natural disasters, COVID-19, or other reasons, there are no refunds or credits. Trip Insurance is essential for these rare but possible situations.
– Changes to a trip itinerary made by our guides (including a change of mountain to be climbed, trekking route to be taken, or summit attempt aborted) for any reason do not constitute a cancellation, and no refunds or credits will be made in this case.
2. Due to the uncertain global situation with COVID-19, we have modified our cancelation policy in the event that you decide to cancel your trip:
– For all non-Rapid Ascent trips such as Climbing Schools, Kilimanjaro, etc., clients will receive a credit for the full cost of their trip, if they choose to cancel more than two weeks prior to the start of the trip. Cancellations made within two weeks of the start of the trip will not be eligible for a credit.
– For Rapid Ascent trips such as Cotopaxi Rapid Ascent, Aconcagua Rapid Ascent, etc., you will receive a credit for the full cost of your trip, if you choose to cancel more than 30 days prior to the start of the trip. If the Hypoxico system has already been delivered and/or used, you are responsible for the rental and return shipping costs. If you choose to cancel between 14 days and 30 days from the start of the trip, Alpenglow will credit all but the trip deposit (20%). Cancellations made within two weeks of the start of the trip will not be eligible for a credit.
– For 8,000m trips such as Cho Oyu Rapid Ascent and Everest Rapid Ascent, you will receive a credit for the full cost of the trip minus a 10% fee if you choose to cancel more than 90 days prior to the start of the trip. If you choose to cancel 60-90 days prior to the trip start, Alpenglow will credit 50% of your payment to a future trip. Fewer than 60 days prior, there are no credits.