Cancellation Policy – International Expeditions
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU PURCHASE TRIP INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOUR ACTIVITY PURCHASE AGAINST UNFORESEEABLE CIRCUMSTANCES.
When you book a course or expedition with Alpenglow Expeditions you are agreeing to our cancellation policy. Please realize that if your travel does not go according to plan in any way and for any reason, we are unable to provide credits or refunds outside of what is described below. Our policy was carefully crafted with respect for our clients, our administrative staff, and our guides, and we strongly recommend that you purchase trip insurance to protect your investment. Most trip insurance companies have a time limit to purchase after you have booked your trip so be sure to research accordingly.
If you choose not to purchase trip cancellation insurance, you recognize you are self-insuring the trip cost and Alpenglow’s payment policies will be upheld.
1. We reserve the right to cancel any trip at any time. Reasons for cancellation might include (but are not limited to) political instability, natural disasters, COVID-19, or inadequate enrollment.
– If we cancel a trip prior to its start for low enrollment, we will fully refund or credit your payments.
– If we cancel your trip prior to its start due to political instability, natural disasters, COVID-19, or other reasons not including low enrollment, we will credit all but non-recoverable costs to a future trip. While every situation is different, Alpenglow strives to keep these “non-recoverable costs” as low as possible. As an example, we were able to keep these non-recoverable costs to just 10% of trip cost when we were forced to cancel our Everest expedition in 2020 due to COVID-19, just 40 days before departure. In general, the non-recoverable portion of your payment increases the closer we get to the date of departure. By the departure date of your trip, most of our costs have already been incurred.
– If we cancel your trip after its start due to political instability, natural disasters, COVID-19, or other reasons, there are no refunds or credits. Trip Insurance is essential for these rare but possible situations.
– Changes to a trip itinerary made by our guides (including a change of mountain to be climbed, trekking route to be taken, or summit attempt aborted) for any reason do not constitute a cancellation, and no refunds or credits will be made in this case.
2. In the event that you decide to cancel your trip:
If you cancel your trip more than 90 days prior to departure, Alpenglow Expeditions will refund your payment minus the non-refundable deposit. 60-89 days prior, Alpenglow Expeditions will refund 50% of your payment. Fewer than 60 days prior, there are no refunds or credits.
3. On any trip, our guides reserve the right to remove any person, for any reason.
These reasons generally stem from a person jeopardizing the safety of themselves or another team member. This includes a person who is not physically able to climb at the level necessary for the chosen route. In all these cases, there are no refunds or credits whatsoever, and the client will be responsible for any additional costs incurred in leaving the trip.