Have you ever wanted to climb outdoors on real rock, but don’t know where to begin? Let the professional guides at Alpenglow Expeditions show you the way! This one day course will introduce you to to joys of rock climbing on beautiful Donner Summit, California, and give you important foundational skills to begin your rock climbing career. Whether you’re a seasoned gym climber looking to get the first glimpse of pulling down under the sun, or you’re completely new to the sport of rock climbing, this course sets you up with the proper fundamentals to begin challenging yourself safely on any crag.
Don’t have any or part of the necessary gear to join us? Alpenglow Expeditions provides rental gear at no additional charge. You just need to bring your enthusiasm to learn and we’ll provide the rest.
• Climbing movement, including crack, face, slab and lie back technique • Crag safety and risk management
• Basic principals of climbing technical systems
• Belaying a climber in a top rope system
• Rappelling, utilizing a backup
• Proper belayer/ climber commands
• Leave no trace ethics in a crag environment
Prerequisites: No previous climbing experience necessary