fbpx Skip to Content

Successful Summit and Safe at South Col

Two mountaineers navigating a glacier on a Gasherbrum II Expedition

A quick update has come in letting us know that Adrian, Sergey, and our 4 Alpengow Sherpa summited in perfect conditions at 7:45 this morning with warm temperatures and not many others on the route and summit. They are now safely down to the South Col and have decided that they will continue down the mountain rather than make a summit attempt on Lhotse. The conditions in the Couloir and on the Face would not allow for skiing, which was a main part of their objective, and they have now spent quite a lot of time very high. They will proceed to Camp 2 today, arriving in BC either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how they feel when they arrive at 2. Stay tuned for more details! Congrats, team!!!